p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: Prevention of pollution attacks (GSoC)

> Hello!,
>
> In the simulation, the peer number 1 is an attacker?
>
> Yes, the peer number 1 is malicious peer, peer number 2 is trusted peer.
>
> Btw, I am little bit confused about average number of poisoned chunks
> (P/2, T=1, A=1). It will be P/2 if all the peers immediately get to know
> about malicious peer after the trusted peer receives poisoned chunk. But it
> can't be, trusted peer must send the poisoned chunk to the splitter and
> splitter must send message to the rest of team about malicious peer. While
> trusted peer and splitter messaging, malicious peer will send poisoned
> chunks to the team. I think average number of poisoned chunks in the team
> will be P/2 + C, where C depends on network bandwidth.

Well, obviously the latency of the system (including bandwidth issues) are
going to increase the number or poisoned chunks, but I still think that in
average the number of poisoned chunks should be #T/2, where #T is the
number of peers in the team T. However, the simulation will tell us if I am
right or no :-)

> I will implement the consecutive sending chunks, and will perform many
> experiments to evaluate this value.

Thanks a lot!!

Best,
Vicente.