p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: Regarding prevention of DoS attack by starvation

Hi Sourav,

the networking fundamentals your could need to contribute to the P2PSP are
quite easy, and you can find information about them in any computer
networks book. Basically:

1. There are a collection of protocols (most of them implemented inside of
the operating system) that allow transporting data. Some of them (such as
the UDP) are designed to minimize the latency (the time a packet of data
need to cross the network) but can lost data and others (such as the TCP)
almost guarantee that the data is transmitted correctly but has a unbounded
latency.

2. In the P2PSP we are interested mainly in minimizing the latency, and
this issued should not depend on the team size.

However, I have found this book in the Internet that could be useful for
you:

http://www.it-ebooks.info/book/370/

Best,
Vi.