p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: NAT Traversal Set of rules implementation

Hi Juan Pablo,

On 08/17/2015 06:32 PM, JP wrote:
> The excellent work you are carrying out during this GSoC will
> definitely be interesting for any other P2P software, and of course
> it's worth a good publication.
Thanks. :)
>> Last week I also thought about maybe putting the implemented methods into a
>> portable NAT traversal C library, to embed in P2P applications.
> That's a great idea. I'd like to write a C++ version of P2PSP at some
> time... so having that library already in C would be great.
A C++ library sounds good (having a first implementation in Python and a
later C++ one is a great idea). I'll think about the library idea again,
probably I could also use this in own further software projects.

A small status update: To give a first overview of the now implemented
message flow, I added two sequence diagrams for an arriving peer [1] and
for a peer retrying incorporation [2] (mostly the same) to the repo (a
second opposing arrow means an acknowledge message). Just as a quick
overview; more documentation will follow tomorrow.

Thanks,
Max

[1]
https://github.com/jellysheep/p2psp/blob/cb28021d9be7f3afd65af6361c73da639b625bc4/doc/images/NAT_traversal.png