p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: NAT Traversal Set of rules implementation

Hi Max,

> Well,  this project has been a difficult one (it has a lot of research work
> and possible results). Therefore, the documentation is as important as (or
> even more than) the code. We (I and the rest of mentors of P2PSP) also think
> that your work could be published in a conference (such as the International
> Conference on Computer Communication and Networks) or even a journal  (an
> example could be: Computer Networks), and we would delight if you
> collaborate with us in this task. What do you think (of course, this will
> not affect to our work/evaluation/results for the GSoC)?
>
> It would be great if it would be published in some way, as other P2P
> software could also benefit from the NAT traversal methods; I would like to
> collaborate with you in this.

The excellent work you are carrying out during this GSoC will
definitely be interesting for any other P2P software, and of course
it's worth a good publication.

> Last week I also thought about maybe putting the implemented methods into a
> portable NAT traversal C library, to embed in P2P applications.

That's a great idea. I'd like to write a C++ version of P2PSP at some
time... so having that library already in C would be great.

Thanks.
JP