p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: NAT Traversal Set of rules implementation

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:22 PM Max Mertens <max.mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Vicente,
>

> On 08/17/2015 10:48 AM, Vicente Gonzalez wrote:
>
> Only for this example [2], could you send to me a timeline with the
> messages between peers, splitter, monitor peers, etc. in order to
> understand it better (and remind to me a lot of forgotten things :-)?
>

> The documentation on the messages sent between the peers is now ready, you
> can have a look at it here [1]
> <https://github.com/jellysheep/p2psp/blob/nts_doc/doc/NAT_traversal.md>.
>
> Regards,
> Max
>

> [1] https://github.com/jellysheep/p2psp/blob/nts_doc/doc/NAT_traversal.md
> [2] https://asciinema.org/a/1wxkq1mf4oseiex1hzfn0gkst

Hi Max,

excellent documentation!

But there is still  something that is not totally clear for me. You comment
in [1] that when a burst of three UDP datagrams is sent from one entity to
another, you represent this by two consecutive arrows. That's OK, however,
why some times the arrows have the same direction and other times the
opposite direction (I don't understand well you explanation).

Thanks,
Vi.
Vicente González Ruiz
Depto de Informática