p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: NAT Traversal Set of rules implementation

Hi Vicente,

On 08/21/2015 11:54 AM, Max Mertens wrote:
>> In the congestion avoiding mechanism implemented in the peers we have
>> used the chunk cadence like a clock. The idea is to send a message
>> only if a previous message has been received. The splitter receives
>> chunks from the source and this could be our clock. It is also true
>> that a new thread in the splitter increases its complexity, but if
>> you put this code (basically, a counter that it is incremented each
>> time a new chunk is received from the source and the sendto(message))
>> in a thread, the main thread could be as clean as it is now.
> Ok, this sounds good. Or to reduce complexity the thread could also
> enqueue the messages to be sent, and then send them one after another
> with a defined time (e.g. 1ms) in between, so there has to be no
> synchronization between receiving chunks and sending packets. I can
> try to implement this today in a simple way.
Now I implemented a simple suggestion in an extra branch [1]. It can be
easily extended by an event that is set each time a chunk is received,
to implement the mechanism described by you.

I just realized that accidentally the 'nts' pull requests is targeted at
the 'nts' branch, and the 'nts_doc' is targeted at 'master'. Should I
reopen them?

Just a note to about publishing the project: From beginning to end of
September I'll be on vacation, so can probably not reply to emails or
only every few days.

Thanks,
Max

[1] https://github.com/jellysheep/p2psp/compare/51aae05...message_queue