packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Future

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Andrew SB <a.starr.b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just an idea, but perhaps the monthly coordination might seem a bit
> intimidating for people to set up and take charge over. Even when we
> were rolling more smoothly, it seemed like there was always a bit of a
> rush at the end of each month to figure out who would coordinate the
> next month. Maybe we should try something new. How about designating
> coordinators for each day that would carry over every month  (i.e I
> would take every 1st Thursday, someone else every 2nd Thursday,
> ect...)? That way the responsibility would be both more spread out and
> consistent.

In my opinion, this would make things harder. If a month is too
intimidating for 2 people to handle, I think it would be better to
assign more people to the month than assign a certain person a
particular week. I would also like to remind everyone that the session
dates/times are not set in stone. If someone needs to move the session
an hour earlier/later or to another day of the week, we should allow
them to do so. It is much more important that we have regular sessions
than having them fit our schedule exactly.

Nathan