packaging-training-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Future

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18.02.2010 06:04, Nathan Handler wrote:
>> I couldn't agree with you more Daniel. This really was a great
>> program. The biggest issue has been that people haven't been willing
>> to volunteer to coordinate the sessions for a month. As a result,
>> since nobody was assigned the task of recruiting presenters, it didn't
>> get done. Maybe we should create a few blog posts to try and recruit
>> more session coordinators. However, I would be very disappointed to
>> see this program end.
>
> I guess we need to go back to making "make a month of Packaging Training
> happen" more of a responsibility again.
>
>  - Who would be willing to organise March?

Just an idea, but perhaps the monthly coordination might seem a bit
intimidating for people to set up and take charge over. Even when we
were rolling more smoothly, it seemed like there was always a bit of a
rush at the end of each month to figure out who would coordinate the
next month. Maybe we should try something new. How about designating
coordinators for each day that would carry over every month  (i.e I
would take every 1st Thursday, someone else every 2nd Thursday,
ect...)? That way the responsibility would be both more spread out and
consistent.

>  - Who would like to blog about this (reach out for new coordinators,
> talk about the team and ideas, etc.)?

I'll try to put together a blog post in the next day or two.

Thanks!

 -- Andrew SB