Hello to everyone

Hello , I thought I'd introduce myself ,and talk about a few papercut related things . I'm from Bulgaria ,I'm a medical student (as far as that is from programming) ,and program mainly in C++ at the moment (I've done C and VB too) . I've been hovering around the Ubuntu project for some time now (~1year) , posted on lists , reported some bugs , simple stuff . I stumbled upon the Papercuts project somewhere in the beginning and I really liked the idea . I've actually liked a lot of the ideas around Ubuntu and had quite a few myself ,and until yesterday I thought that the problem is somewhere in the system since none of my feedback went through to get implemented . Now I think that the system is around 30-40% of the problem :D . I realized that I haven't made a single commit , because every time I thought about fixing something I hit the brick wall of not having an idea of how the code base is organised ( not Launchpad or the system itself , but the actual packages/components of the OS ) , or where I should search for the bug , or where to add the feature , or - mainly - how and with which tool to build the target component. I actually know that you know about these problems (I read the meeting logs/agenda) , but it kind of merges with my introduction . So I realised that I need to learn some more and fix some simple bugs , and mostly get to know how everything really works , before I can get some ideas through .

PS: here's a related mail I sent recently : https://lists.launchpad.net/unity-design/msg10200.html

Cheers,

Petko

Follow ups