pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: State of PBXT

In the end it always comes down to the business case. We can't be idealistic about that.

The bottom line on PBXT is that it wasn't a loss, but we didn't make much of a profit either.

But that was not the interesting part. The real interesting part was working together with MySQL and Sun, and we were doing that.

Just imagine if MySQL had IPO'ed. Just imagine if Oracle had not bought Sun...

We could all see that Falcon was struggling, so the potential was there.

We knew about the potential on that side, and speculated.

But, if that is the bottom line, then I am pleased to say, there is a bonus on top of it all. I have met a lot of great people and made some very good friends!

I won't be at the Conference this year, but I know time is not a factor.

We'll, meet again and talk about the "old times" soon enough ;)