phatch-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Phatch 0.28 Mac - prerelease for testing

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Frank Erens <seysayux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/6/8 Stani <spe.stani.be@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Frank Erens <seysayux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A few comments.
>>> 1) Robin, I think your server is unstable, because I often get "not
>>> recognised" on the DMG, I need to redownload
>>> 2) Instead of including Blender in the Phatch.app, I'd rather check if
>>> Blender is already installed. There's probably a LaunchServices call
>>> for that.
>>
>> Good remark. Thanks for the feedback! That would be the best option.
>> However we need to go in steps. On Windows we already can use the
>> installed version of Blender. But for some users it was not working as
>> the Blender version was incompatible.
>>
>> Let's first include Blender. (It is not that big actually.) The Python
>> version of Blender is quite different between Blender versions.
>> Moreover Phatch uses Python 2.6, while:
>> - Blender 2.50 uses Python 3.
>> - Blender 2.49 uses Python 2.5
>> - Blender 2.49b uses Python 2.6
>> - ...
> You can probably put that in a HashMap or similar construct in Python
> (I don't have any experience with Python, just Java and C++/LibSylph)
>
>> So checking if Blender is installed is not enough, we also need to
>> check the Python version in Blender.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/557403
> There's very likely a LaunchServices call for getting the version of
> Blender, you can use the hashmap to get the python version.

Don't worry. Technically we can solve it. We can ping Blender for its
Python version. I just want to prioritize tasks. We deal with this
after we have Phatch fully compiled into an app

Did you file the 'test.phatch' bug already?

Best regards,

Stani.

--
Phatch Photo Batch Processor - http://photobatch.stani.be