pyexiv2-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Next release of pyexiv2

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Olivier Tilloy <olivier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am willing to help in porting those applications to pyexiv2’s new API,
> let me know how I can help.

On a related note, in case it is of interest to anyone porting their own
code, I have a project that runs with versions 0.1.x and 0.2.x of pyexiv2:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dlynch3/rapid/trunk/annotate/head%3A/rapid/metadata.py

I don't pretend to believe this code is somehow ideal or fully correct etc.,
but it gets the job done for my purposes.  Improvements are always welcome,
of course.

I'd love to see a more recent release of pyexiv2 in Ubuntu, given the extra
functionality it provides.

In the offchance anyone is interested, this is some code to handle video
metadata:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dlynch3/rapid/trunk/annotate/head%3A/rapid/videometadata.py

Damon

--