pyexiv2-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Next release of pyexiv2

Damon Lynch a écrit :
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Olivier Tilloy <olivier@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:olivier@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>

>     I am willing to help in porting those applications to pyexiv2’s new API,
>     let me know how I can help.
>

> On a related note, in case it is of interest to anyone porting their own
> code, I have a project that runs with versions 0.1.x and 0.2.x of pyexiv2:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dlynch3/rapid/trunk/annotate/head%3A/rapid/metadata.py
>
> I don't pretend to believe this code is somehow ideal or fully correct
> etc., but it gets the job done for my purposes.  Improvements are always
> welcome, of course.

Thanks Damon, this code will probably be useful to whoever needs to port
their applications over to pyexiv2 0.2 (and soon 0.3).

Note that in my previous e-mail I was only referring to those
applications that are already packaged in Ubuntu, but I’m equally
interested in knowing about all the others, and making sure they can
transition to newer versions of pyexiv2. The 0.1 series has serious
limitations and every application will benefit from upgrading.

> I'd love to see a more recent release of pyexiv2 in Ubuntu, given the
> extra functionality it provides.

We’ll make this happen!

> In the offchance anyone is interested, this is some code to handle video
> metadata:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dlynch3/rapid/trunk/annotate/head%3A/rapid/videometadata.py
>
> Damon

Cheers,