pyexiv2-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Next release of pyexiv2

Hi Olivier,

On 2010-11-25, Ponchaut Olivier <videoporama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm the main developper of Videoporama and I've good news for you,
> Videoporama works perfectly with pyexiv2 version 0.2.2 without any
> modification (Our usage of pyexiv2 is quite basic, and in fact it's not
> required but optionnal).

That’s good news indeed!
I had a quick look at the code repository for Videoporama, and it seems
that pyexiv2 is supported since revision 280 if I’m not mistaken,
meaning that the earliest release that supports it is 0.8.1-Alpha1.
Ubuntu (both Maverick and Natty) currently ships 0.8.0, so we’ll need an
update. Does the "alpha" in the name means it’s unstable (or unfit for
publication)?
If this version is fit I’m willing to build packages and publish them in
pyexiv2-developers’ PPA for testing, and propose the new version for
inclusion in Natty.

> I'm running Videoporama under Archlinux but of course many users run
> Videoporama on Ubuntu.
>
> Anyway, thank you for Pyexiv2 and to gives infos to developper of other
> programs which uses it.
>
> Olivier (Also)

Thanks for your timely feedback!

Olivier