pyexiv2-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Next release of pyexiv2

Hey Olivier,

On 2011-02-01, Olivier <videoporama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> for your information I released the Videoporama 0.8.1 this sunday
> evening. I planned to contact the maintener of the ubuntu package to ask
> him to update the Videoporama package to this release (which is ready
> for pyexiv2 0.1, 0.2 and 0.3).

Congratulations on the new release!
I’ve mentioned it in the bug report I filed (http://pad.lv/710861), and
it’s being worked on already (the bug is marked "In Progress"). If you
contact the maintainer, make sure to give him the link in order to avoid
duplicated work.

> I hope the package will be done for Ubuntu 10.10 and after for Ubuntu
> 11.04.

Being part of universe, a new version won’t be pushed to an existing
release (10.10). However it can surely make it to 11.04, and that would
be great indeed, removing the need for my patch.

> This version is also release for windows platform by a windows installer
> which include pyexiv2 (included library via py2exe). A portablePackage
> exist also and is available on the framasoft.net website (free software
> portable application for windows -> Framakey). This version should be
> use by a large public (windows users) and pyexiv2 is explicitly
> mentionned in the about file (with licence mention).

That’s great news! Keep up the good work on videoporama!

Cheers,

Olivier