pyexiv2-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Next release of pyexiv2

Hey Alex,

On 2011-02-18, Alexandre Rossi <alexandre.rossi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FYI, I've written a wrapper to the pyexiv2 API for users like me who
> still want to support older versions. It works well for my use of
> pyexiv2 (mostly read-only). It makes it possible to use the latest API
> with older version of the library.
>
> This may be of some interest for your users.
>
> http://sousmonlit.dyndns.org/~niol/repositories/lazygal/file/tip/lazygal/pyexiv2api.py

Very nice indeed, a good number of projects are facing this problem of
supporting both APIs of pyexiv2, and your wrapper looks clear and
comprehensive. I suppose it is well tested, too, as it’s used in lazygal.

One tiny nitpick comment: in various places including comments and class
names, you spelled pyexiv2 "pyexvi2". Not that it really matters, the
code still works fine and clients won’t be exposed to it anyway, but I
thought I’d point it out ;)

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Olivier