pynie-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Is Pynie Dead?

I once had this same ambition. Then I lost the time I had planned to use for pynie. I could be a casual contributor if significant development picks up.

Where I left off, I was learning that some internal objects from perl6 were reused for pynie unchanged. However, some of their built-in behaviors did not match python's expected behaviors. I wanted to be able to share data directly with perl6 at runtime, so using the same object types was good, but I couldn't figure out how to reuse the same objects and define different behaviors for things like string conversion, Boolean conversion, etc.

I also hadn't quite understood the machinery used to do parsing and so on. There was an awful lot of thinly documented magic at work there.

All of this was years ago. Much may have changed since then. Please do report back what you find. I hope you inspire me to try again.

- Sean