Re: Testing and translations

On 13.05.2012 15:58, Andi Șerbănescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 13 May 2012 13:37, Adam Reichold <adamreichold@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote: Hello,
>
> I think that the changes to the code base and the user interface
> begin to reach a shape that can be released as version 0.3.
> Therefore, I would like to concentrate on testing to remove
> eventual bugs and updating the documentation and the translations.
>
> Especially for testing and translations I obviously need help. So
> if you have some spare time in the next weeks, maybe you could try
> the current code from trunk and report any problems you find to
> the mailing list.
>

>> I can report one right now :)
>
>> I saw that some time ago the contents panel was altered so that
>> navigation required the user to double-click on an item.
>
>> This would have been fine with me, were it not for the fact that
>> the action required for navigation coincided with that for tree
>> expansion (of course, one-click navigation had the same problem,
>> but it was less conspicuous).

Hello.

Agreed, so it has to be single-click again. That is a bit inconsistent
with the thumbnails view but still more usable.

>> But now is seems that navigation doesn't to work at all for the
>> most part (only a few links in a few documents work).

Can you send me a (link to a) file where this happens? It never
stopped working for me, so I have a hard time debugging that.

>> I've found icons for all of the toolbar buttons except continuous
>> mode (more on that soon) amid the Oxygen set (doubly-licenced,
>> under LGPL or CC BY-SA), so you can get rid of those annoying
>> labels.

Which "labels" do you mean exactly?

>> Is there also any more need for 3 toolbars if one is able to
>> customise them in detail?

The added flexibility seems a large benefit. Also grouping
functionality seems sensible. The only thing it adds is a few pixels
for the grab handles of the toolbars. So I don't really see a reason
for changing it.

Maybe you could expand on why this is so important to you? I really
don't understand it. (Maybe a screenshot, because the "labels" are
mysterious to me as well.)

Regards, Adam.