quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: Running quickly applications outside ubuntu

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 20:58 +0000, tony byrne wrote:
>  I was reading through the small-refactor branch and it just struck me
> that I'm might not be describing my proposal very well. I don't want
> to remove the ubuntu integration parts of the base template, e.g.
> launchpad, bzr. My proposal is to be able to create a project that can
> install outside ubuntu. This means that a gtk-application does not
> have the 3 launchpad items in its help menu.
> 1 gtk-application - debian and friends
> 2 gnome-application - debian etc running gnome

Yar.  My small-refactor branch was just tackling the low-hanging fruit
as a proof-of-concept refactor (just LP and apport code really).  The
goal would be to reduce the (non-project-root) template code as much as
possible.  The smaller the template, the easier it is to subclass &
modify or fork without losing maintainability.

For example, a good next step might be factoring out the ubuntu
packaging code.

--
mterry