quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: Running quickly applications outside ubuntu

Hi all
 I was reading through the small-refactor branch and it just struck me
that I'm might not be describing my proposal very well. I don't want
to remove the ubuntu integration parts of the base template, e.g.
launchpad, bzr. My proposal is to be able to create a project that can
install outside ubuntu. This means that a gtk-application does not
have the 3 launchpad items in its help menu.
1 gtk-application - debian and friends
2 gnome-application - debian etc running gnome
There will also be a requirement for some installers e.g. windows
(gtk-application), slackware and rpm (all projects). Currently there
does not seem to be a queue of packagers or installer writers, I guess
partly because quickly cannot create a non-ubuntu project.