quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: quickly package --extras creakes a unusable deb

Al 24/05/12 10:18, En/na David Planella ha escrit:
> Al 23/05/12 21:41, En/na Michael Terry ha escrit:
>> Sorry, I'm just now catching up to post-UDS quickly work.  I've started
>> a branch to fix the --extras command to match what the ARB wants.
>>
>> Thanks everyone for helping to fix these bugs.  I'm sad we shipped 12.04
>> with them!  Part of the problem was that we didn't have good test
>> coverage of extras.  My branch adds a new test for it.  It's not done
>> yet, but it's close.
>>
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/quickly/extras
>>
>> -mt
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> That's awesome, thanks! This will be really helpful for making the app
> developer experience to package apps for ARB submission a lot smoother.
>
> Daniel and I started tagging the relevant bugs with 'arb' to give them
> more visibility and to keep track of them:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=arb
>
> I noticed the translations one [1] a couple of days ago, and I'd be
> happy to help fixing it, but I would need some guidance. May I ask for
> some help from any experienced Quickly hackers?
>
> Cheers,
> David.
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/quickly/+bug/1003818

Hi Mike,

As discussed on IRC, I've created a branch on lp:~dpm/quickly/extras
based on your extras branch to fix bug 1003818.

When I test the modifications I made, a valid debian/rules file seems to
be generated, but for some reason the packaging command seems to get
stuck (seel below).

I don't really know how to debug this. Any ideas?

Cheers,
David.

dpm@avenc:/tmp/testpack$ quickly package --extras
Command returned some ERRORS:
ERROR: Python module helpers not found
ERROR: Python module Window not found
ERROR: Python module testpackconfig not found
ERROR: Python module Builder not found
Do you want to continue (this is not safe!)? y/[n]: y
Ubuntu packaging created in debian/