quickly-talk team mailing list archive

Re: optimum folder for post_create.py etc

Le 14/08/2012 10:54, tony byrne a écrit :
Hi Didier

Hey Tony,

~/.config/quickly/templates/builtins/

looks like it may solve my -t toolkit add  problem

For your information I routinely run

quickly create ubuntu-application <project-name>
quickly -t toolkit add nolaunchpad # removes launchpad integration
quickly -t toolkit add jsonfile # replaces couchDB by a json config
file in ~/.config/<project-name>

Then the resultant project runs on a windows pc!

I'm assuming from earlier descriptions that I move nolaunchpad and jsonfile to
~/.config/quickly/templates/builtins/store
then my visual basic killer workflow becomes

quickly create ubuntu-application <project-name>
quickly add nolaunchpad
quickly add jsonfile  ?

Sounds perfect! (or if you want to limit to ubuntu-application, I would say

~/.config/quickly/templates/ubuntu-applications/store

:))

Its a pity that commandsconfig is going. It seems to me an obvious
solution to the edit opens too many files problem is a section in
commandsconfig something like

[edit]
# open all files
#files=project,projectlib,tests,help,project hooks,template hooks
files=project
As it seems this command is tight to "edit", shouldn't it just an overridable parameters in the edit command?

Like:
ubuntu-applications/edit.py:

from quickly.template import Command

class Edit(Command):

edit_files = ["project", "projectlib", "tests"…]

def run(self, …)
…

Then, as you want to create your own template (as modifying the commandsconfig file):

foo-template/edit.py

from quickly.template.ubuntu_application import Edit as UbuntuAppEdit

class Edit(UbuntuAppEdit):

edit_files = ["project"]

and that's it! (and this enable to tweak a lot more values for derived templates)
Have you looked at /dev/shm for speed? A use that may work is the
first time quickly is run in a session it copies all templates into
/dev/shm and sets an environment flag. All future quickly calls then
read /dev/shm, this complicates template writes a little e.g. quickly
quickly, which need to rewrite the /dev/shm cache.
Not a bad idea, I used it a while ago, but for a C++ program. We can maybe use that if we notice that reading the metadata in each commands file is ETOOMUCH :)

Didier