randgen team mailing list archive

Re: Suggestions for better integration with Drizzle

Den 18/05/10 18:03, skrev Philip Stoev:
> Patrick,
>
> Bernt has been working on a solution where all logic around each
> database product (including starting, stopping, dumping and diffing) is
> encapsulated into a single object that provides start, crash, dump,
> diff, etc. as methods.
>
> Bernt, what is the status of this work?

Status is that we're close to start using it (I've been doing collations QA
recently). I've not looked at how to abstract away all mysql dependencies (e.g.
mysqldump), but that's a reasonable extension of the work I've done with the
DBServer object.

Patrick: Are you on some irc where we could have a chat around this?