rapid-users team mailing list archive

Re: 4 topics; if default folder has too many pics, thumbnails wont show, partial selection and hangs...

On 09/25/2011 01:12 PM, Andreas Nyback wrote:

The real fix would be to figure out a way to not make it unresponsive with many media files :)

This is a non-trivial issue. If you open any program with an enormous number of files, and you don't have enough RAM, your system will become unresponsive. There may well be memory optimisations that can be made to the code, but that would be something for the future. Meanwhile, work on a subset of your files, and not all of them at one time. In my case, when I'm in the field for some time and I have more than 30GB of RAW photos on one memory card, it's no problem for me to download them - but my laptop has 8GB of RAM.

* Thumbnails
I never see thumbnails until I have clicked "download" with the default
icons selected, and it starts to download files. For each file
downloaded the thumbnail will show up as it progresses.
Should it not be so that you see the thumbnails at once when the files
are listed, before you start the actual download? so you see what it is
that you will download.
What file formats are you attempting to download?
jpg and nef (nikon raw)

Are these straight off the camera or has another program possibly manipulated the exif information? Perhaps you can send to me off the list a sample NEF and JPEG. I can add them to my growing collection of sample files, some of which have all kinds of problems with the exif headers or are corrupted in some way.

/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/rapid/preferencesdialog.py:804: GtkWarning: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: *Error on row* 1 *character* 31:"/" *is not a vaild character after closing element name* "b<". *The allowed character is* ">"
  self.builder.add_from_file(paths.share_dir("glade3/prefs.ui"))
*Segmentationfault*

I have just now corrected a bug in the Swedish translation - there was a character missing. I will upload the fix in a few hours, hopefully. Right now I am working on another bug.

Perhaps you might like to work on the Swedish translation? It has not been updated for more than one year.

Best,
Damon

--

http://www.damonlynch.net