Re: Question about iprohc-0.7.1 install

Nick,

> I set up the Debian 7 VM, and everything installed without any errors.
> Definitely should use Debian rather than Ubuntu for iprohc.
> Everything set up and installed with no errors.

Great!

> Clearly something didn't work right, but I don't see any logs
> to explain what exit code 1 is, or what the error might be. There is
> no error when I execute iprohc_server. I don't know how to diagnose
> what I did wrong, or what I should do differently.

An error should be printed in logs before the program to leave. Are you
sure there is no other message? The message severity is error.

> A possible clue is
> that when I run the debian/init.d/iprohc_server script, there is no
> result in /var/log/messages. Can you advise?

It should not. Are you sure that the iprohc_server binary was executed?

> When I do a manual start the result is:
> nick@rohc-dev:/etc$ sudo iprohc_server --conf /etc/iprohc_server.conf

Please add the -d option to increase the log level. Tell me if you got
more messages.

If it doesn't, please install 'strace' and run:
 # strace iprohc_server --conf /etc/iprohc_server.conf -d
then check in the output any problem that could have occurred.