Re: School Tool questions

2012/3/14 Tom Hoffman <tom.hoffman@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Adam Lau <intelli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks for your quick response.
>>
>> Just realised that I had installed SchoolTool 1.7. Just added the PPA and am
>> now on 2.0.2.
>>
>> Is there a way to get at the API doc? There's mention of it as a menu item
>> in devmode. I enabled devmode on 1.7 but didn't see the menu. I've tried to
>> enable devmode  in 2.0.2 but i don't think it has worked.
>>
>> To enable devmode I've just been adding "devmode on" in the schooltool.conf
>> file.

apidoc dependencies are made optional on Ubuntu. You also need to
(this breaks on precise, oops):

$ sudo apt-get install python-zope.app.apidoc

And restart schooltool:

$ sudo service schooltool restart

Even then, there is no menu item, because no one of our developers missed it.
The API Docs are available at http://localhost:7080/++apidoc++
This is mostly Zope documentation
Interfaces, Utilities, Code also contain documentation extracted from
SchoolTool source code.

I have to dissapoint you, but what you are looking for -- an
xml-rpc/http/rest API to access schooltool data -- does not exist
(yet). There is XLS (Excel spreadsheet) import/export and on some
pages, CSV import.

Please Ask a question at https://answers.launchpad.net/schooltool and tell us,
- What protocol do you prefer?
- What data you would like to access most?
- Is Moodle at the other end? :)

--
Gediminas Paulauskas