schooltoolers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
SchoolTool 2.8 Released
On behalf of the SchoolTool team, I'm happy to announce the release of
New features include:
* Student transcript reports – that is, courses completed by a student,
with scores from section report sheets, including multiple years of data.
* Parent contacts can be converted to users with access to their children’s
grades. This is the initial implementation of parent access.
* An alternative report card layout based on course worksheets.
* Grade levels can be assigned to courses.
* Each student’s progression through the school, from enrollment, through
grade levels, to completion (or other departure) is tracked over time. That
is, the history of changes to status and level is recorded and timestamped,
future changes can be pre-scheduled, and the current status is kept up to
date. Customized statuses for pre-enrolled, actively enrolled, and exited
students can be created.
* Student progression through a section, including early withdrawal or
completion, is tracked and updated in the gradebook and journal interfaces,
including custom statuses.
* Changing instructor status within a section may also be tracked during
* The changes in the status of other relationships, including advisors and
contacts, is also tracked over time.
* Several performance improvements made to gradebook/journal/CanDo loading
* Group and section membership forms updated to include the additional
statuses described above. Form switched to a more straightforward checkbox
* Tab navigation now looks like tabs.
Full release notes here: http://book.schooltool.org/2.8-release-notes.html
As always, thanks to Mark Shuttleworth for his generous funding of