scratch team mailing list archive

Re: Sugarizing Scratch

I worked on a new version over the weekend. This one seems to do the trick :)

I decided to make a full XO bundle for testing this time:

http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/scratch/Scratch-20100308.xo

That's because there are a few new files, like project/sprite SVG icons, mimetypes.xml, the scratch-wrapper script was scrapped etc.

Most significantly, resuming from the Journal (or Home screen in newer Sugar) works now. It may not always resume a project you saved in my last version, but loading those and resaving should fix the metadata.

"Save" always overwrites the previous Journal entry, "Save as" always creates a new one.

Metadata is preserved, that is, if you added a tag in the Journal it should still be there after re-saving. Same for the description - this is kept separate from the project's comment you see inside Scratch because I could not figure out which one should win if they differ.

The metadata contains the full project summary, so if you search e.g. for a sprite name in the Journal, projects containing it are found. If John fixes the PNG generator we can also have thumbnails in the Journal. Otherwise I consider this to be pretty much complete :)

Please report back with any problems you find. Everything Journal-related should work now.

- Bert -