scratch team mailing list archive

Re: miry approved by amos-scratch

On 17/03/11 21:12, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
2011/3/16 Derek O'Connell<doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Miriam,

just out of interest, how is audio recording (via Scratch) working for you
on your 64bit platform? Do you have PulseAudio installed or is your system
ALSA only?
I'm only using ALSA. I gave Pulse a try some time ago in my system,
and wasn't convinced by the result. It gave me too many problems with
many programs. Do you have Pulse available in your system? Does it
work properly?

Greetings,
Miry

Yes, I have Pulse. It works fine but I'm on a 32 bit distro. I plan on trying 64 bit sometime and just wondered if ALSA works since it had problems in the past. The various combo's of audio API's (eg, ALSA on top of PA) sometimes makes it difficult to keep track of problems and if they have been solved :-) Thanks for the info.

-D