Re: [Question #186663]: iOS Simulator: Test Cases run super slow on Simulator --- Toggle Slow Animations

Ben Lau posted a new comment:
I've been having the same problem... Unfortunately in my case increasing
the wait times wasn't proving to be an effective solution since I'm
trying to running about 50 sikuli scripts with between 40 and 100
actions...

I ran across this tool called slowmo (https://github.com/mschrag/slowmo)
that was designed to enable the slow motion mode in some versions of the
iPhone Simulator that didn't support slow motion. But what I discovered
is that with a small modification you can completely DISABLE slow motion
such that it will never enable (using either the menu in the simulator
or via the triple shift short cut).

I thought this might be useful to others... so I'm posting it here.

in slowmo.m change:
-       [[(id<SlowmoMonitorController>)[NSClassFromString(@"MonitorController") sharedInstance] monitorWindow] setAllowTripleShiftSlowMotion:YES];
+       [[(id<SlowmoMonitorController>)[NSClassFromString(@"MonitorController") sharedInstance] monitorWindow] setAllowTripleShiftSlowMotion:NO];

You need to make sure slow motion is already off before running the
tool... otherwise you might have other problems... and the scripts for
building it probably need some mods for building with Lion. (I'll
probably fork the project and implement those changes later today).

Hope this helps someone.