Re: [Question #678659]: [1.1.4] Error compiling the sources in IntelliJ Linux

The class only compiles on Java 9+ and as it seems only on macOS systems
when compiling inside IntelliJ IDEA.

On Windows and Linux systems you have to delete IDEMacSupport.java from the sources, before compiling in IntelliJ IDEA.
This solves the problem, since the compiled class is only referenced at runtime via reflection and only on macOS systems.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I do not have a solution for this yet
in the Maven context.

BTW: Since you say, you do not have much experience with Java and IntelliJ IDE, I do not understand, why you are doing this at all.
Why don't you use the ready to use jars from the download page and follow the special steps for Linux in the docs?