sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Sloecode deployment

On 03/01/12 18:05, Thomi Richards wrote:
> That command ensures that the database is created, and if not, creates
> it, along with all the tables required. It does nothing if the database
> already exists, even if it does not have the correct tables.

Are you sure about that?

I just re-ran it, and it's messed up my install. Don't know exactly
what's wrong, but I'm regretting it already.

Upon further inspection of the SQLite DB, it looks like the tables have
been "re-populated", and in the table "person" there's *only* the
"admin" user, and back with default password/permissions.

Don't know whether that's a bug or feature, but if it is a feature,
there needs to be somewhere a warning word in the instructions that
running paster setup-app /etc/sloecode/production.ini will hose the setup.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences