sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: error when trying my first push or branch

Hi,

On 9 January 2012 13:21, Guy K. Kloss <guy.kloss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On this one, I've checked the configuration. I could nowhere find
> anything on port 5000 configured. Is it possible, that this XML-RPC is
> served up through the same WSGI application? The configuration in the
> current development PPA has indicated that the XML-RPC is served through
> the same HTTP port.
>
> Yes, sorry - I was running from trunk, so for me it's on port 5000.

> Anyway, I have altered the Python snippet from your mail to point at a
> different server:

> {'admin': []}
>
> And bang, it seems to work!!!
>
> Great - sorry for forgetting to alter the snippet!

> This seems to me as if we need to take at least one of these actions:
>
> * Add a reverse proxy rule to my Apache mod_wsgi configuration to fix
>  the /xmlrpc/ rooting requests to /sc/xmlrpc/
>
> I don't understand why you need this (although I've never attempted to run
sloecode behind a reverse proxy). The XMLRPC endpoint the smart server uses
is configurable in the .ini file - why not just point it at the correct
URL? Nothing outside the smart server needs access to that service.

> * Enhance the URL mapping capabilities inside Sloecode so that the
>  *Python* code (not just the HTML templates and CSS) will work cleanly
>  with different deployment scenarios.

This should work, although perhaps with a bit of configuration tweaking.
The reverse proxy thing may be an issue, but it's well supported by pylons,
so it should be a reasonably simple matter to get it going.

> * Reconfigure the xmlrpc_auth_endpoint in production.ini
>
> Yes, see above.

> I've tried *just* the last one, but it doesn't seem sufficient.

How so? You're still having problems?

Cheers,
--
Thomi Richards