sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Loggerhead plugin for Sloecode

On 09/01/12 18:59, Thomi Richards wrote:
Hi Guy,

On 9 January 2012 11:42, Guy K. Kloss <guy.kloss@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:guy.kloss@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Is there already, or somebody working on, a plugin (such as Loggerhead)
    for source code browsing in Sloecode? Obviously it could be another one
    as well, but it seems like Loggerhead is a good fit (see [1, 2]).

It's something I want to do, and I've already looked into intergrating
loggerhead with sloecode. However, there are a few problems with the way
loggerhead is written that makes it hard to intergrate nicely. From
memory (it was at least 6 months since I looked at this), loggerhead has
no easy way to render just part of a page - which is what we need in
order to integrate it with sloecode. Ideally there's be a loggerhead API
that allows sloecode to say "Render the history view for this file and
give me the result", or "render the branch log and give me the result",
WITHOUT getting the entire page (i.e.- navigation, <head>, and footer
elements are left out, and can be requested separately.

Thomi and I are in Budapest with the Bazaar and Launchpad teams. I think it would be worth spending a little time talking with them as I've heard that loggerhead was being modified to be able to render part pages in order to have it fit nicer with Launchpad. I'm not sure where the work has gone, so chatting with the guys would be easiest.

Tim