sloecode-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Loggerhead plugin for Sloecode

Thomi and Tim,

that sounds pretty good, I'd be keen to get a proposal written up, which
we then could pitch forward to our students. Don't expect the students
to be too bright or experienced in Python, though. But as they're going
to be a team of 2-4 and a year's time with supervision/mentoring, it's
reasonable to expect something. I can provide a little more input on
that soon. Essentially, we need to outline the "what" we want, the "how"
we want it, the roles of people (e. g. Thomi as a client), etc. Then
some coarse steps outlining the initial breaking into the project are
always useful. For example to familiarise with Sloecode plugin
infrastructure, to familiarise with Loggerhead, to identify how to
modify Loggerhead (or to interface with the Loggerhead community towards
that goal), and then to put it together ...

On 09/01/12 20:11, Tim Penhey wrote:
> Thomi and I are in Budapest with the Bazaar and Launchpad teams.  I
> think it would be worth spending a little time talking with them as I've
> heard that loggerhead was being modified to be able to render part pages
> in order to have it fit nicer with Launchpad.  I'm not sure where the
> work has gone, so chatting with the guys would be easiest.

What a cool timinig! Would be keen to hear how something like that could
be put together and made possible.

Guy

PS: No need to reply to myself directly. List reply is sufficient, as
I'm reading that. So I won't receive redundant mails with the same content.

--
Guy K. Kloss
School of Computing + Mathematical Sciences