software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Fwd: Modify/Delete Review Functionality

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aaron Peachey <alpeachey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Software-store-developers] Modify/Delete Review Functionality
To: Matthew McGowan <matthew.joseph.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks alot guys.
A couple more things to consider too I think.

I actually like the idea of removing the inappropriate flag and replacing it
with Delete/Edit buttons on the user's own review. However, I think we need
to find a way to make it easy for the user to edit/delete when their own
review is hidden way down the list of reviews. Otherwise, could we bring the
user's own review to the top? (This defies the principle of showing 'more'
useful reviews to a user at the top, because their own review is the least
useful to them)

Also, versions. For example, when a user gives a poor review to a version
but then a new version comes along, fixes all their problems and they decide
to change the review, should we be letting them just change it, or should we
give them the option to submit a new review for the different version?

cheers
Aaron