software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: last minute, need eyes

Heya Matt and everybody,

This branch feels like it's coming into shape. Things seem to be mostly
working for me now, but I am still seeing some strange pauses at times
and, in one case still, a complete freeze. This last happens when I
click on the "System" category. I see the list get rendered, but then Le
Centre just freezes up and clicking on things does nothing. Finally, the
app greys out.

Note that this happens on my work laptop only. If I try this on my Dell
Mini, there is no freeze and the System category works fine. Hrm hrm.

I also noticed a bug where clicking between the full "Provided by
Ubuntu" view and the installed "Provided by Ubuntu" would actually not
refresh the view. I have a potential fix for this in my branch:

  lp:~gary-lasker/software-center/appstore-experiment

I'll dig more into the slowdowns and my "System" freeze issue tomorrow.

Rock on developers!
Gary