software-store-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: bug 716435 - suggested solution

Thanks for the reply.

I definitely think we would need to give the user the option to 'never ask
me again' in regards to the lobby message. Once they are aware that they can
review the apps via the history screen, it's really up to them as to whether
they ever want to do it or not.

You make a good point about the time it takes to review, especially if there
are quite a few apps. I guess it comes down to when the user wants to review
them. I generally only open Software Centre when I want to specifically
install or remove something (well...before I started helping to develop it!)
which means I have a task in mind and the review would be a diversion, and
10 reviews in a row would be a significant diversion. Given I'm community
minded, if I noticed the lobby screen reminder and had a minute to spare,
and has been using a recently installed app recently, I'd probably review
it, but that's just me.

However, I think if we could make it simpler/faster to submit a review, we
should have done so already.

I think the user needs to cherry pick the installed apps they want to review
and manage their own time in this regards, and the lobby screen message is
just a way of gently reminding them that they can contribute by reviewing.