Re: Nvidia/Intel switching and energy saving

Norbert Preining wrote:
> When loading sony-laptop with speed_stamina=3 nothing is touched at the
> graphics card side, so the other (not working) graphics card is not
> actually turned off, means it takes much more energy.
>
> Fortunately Matthew has written a simple module
> 	nvidia_control
> that turns off the nvidia graphic card.

I'm not sure to understand the use of this new module: does it just
switch off the nvidia card? In this case, I don't understand the
difference with the old module (when used without parameters it disables
the nvidia card).
I guess it switches off the nvidia card only if the hardware button is
switched in stamina mode. Is it correct?

Thanks,
Mario