Re: clean unstalation - problem

On Mi, 11 Nov 2009, Romuald Janik wrote:
> Hope this may be useful..

Yes that works. Maybe Raphael can set up something where the
brightness up/down scripts is saved.

There is only one thing that might need some work: If you do it this
way then GNOME for example will decrease the brightness and the acpi
subsystem, too, so you will get two steps less I suppose.

This can be undone by removing the Intel block completely ;-)

> if [ $INTELQ == 0 ];
> then
>        #intel
>        INTEL_LEVEL=$(( $LEVEL*255/100 ))
>        BRL=$(printf "%02X" $INTEL_LEVEL)
>        setpci -s 00:02.0 F4.B=$BRL
> else

Her ein the nvidia block I would use nvclock, it is somehow newer and
actively developed AFAIR.

>        #nvidia
>        smartdimmer -s $LEVEL
> fi

Thanks a lot reminding us

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx
HUTTOFT (n.)
The fibrous algae which grows in the dark, moist environment of
trouser turn-ups.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff