[OT] Installing Windows 7

HI everyone,

this time I have a question about installing W7:

Hardware Vaio Z11, InSyde BIOS (EFI)
BIOS R2165M3

Windows 7 told me that it cannot be installed onto a harddisk with
MBR (DOS) partition table.

Ok, I used gdisk to switch to GPT, fine.

Then I tried agian to install W7, which worked all the way through to
the end, but at the end I got:
	Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration.
	Installation cannot proceed.
That is right at the end. Bummer.

Ok, I thought it might be my grub in the beginning of the GPT, but
deleting everything from the start, in fact cancelling the whole GPT
and starting a fresh ended with the same result. Bummer.

At least I could recreate the partition table and got my linux back
running, what a pain.

Has anyone an idea what that could be?

BTW, for that laptop I also found a bios
	M3a - R2169M3b
which seems to allow setting the VT bit in the BIOS, wow!!!

So now my question: Anyone having a good explanation?

The problem is that I cannot actually update the bios now that my Windows
has disappeared ... uahhhhhhh. Any ideas or help?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx
TOLOB (n.)
A crease or fold in an underblanket, the removal of which involves
getting out of bed an largely remaking it.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Follow ups