Re: Update BIOS (only Linux installed)

On Mi, 02 Dez 2009, Albert Vilella wrote:
> I must confess that I sometimes also Google the question first even if
> I know the answer is going to be in the mailing list archive... it's
> just laziness I suppose...

Me too ...

> Is the brightness feature suppose to work because Sony worked out a
> better BIOS or because this has changed in Windows 7?

Well, probably because they want to force us to update the bios so
that the bios hacking  (that grub2 EFI thingy) cannot be used anymore.
And with that new bios there is another important change: The BIOS
does NOT support booting with the nvidia card. With the new bios
it will be ALWAYS the intel card.

That also means that as long as linux cannot switch the soft way
updating the bios means that the nvdia card is LOST for linux!!!!

> I suppose we don't know anyone in the Sony Vaio Software team, do we?

Hahahahha HAHAHAHA  H A H A H A H A

They will give a SHIT about linux, lough at your face if at all.

Good luck, if anyone wants to contact sony, but check the web (oohhhh
I said it again, damn) for battery drain issue. Many Z models have
a battery drain. Turn it off and leave it unplugged a week or so and
the laptop will not wake up again, empty battery. Within a few hours
several percent, and so down to 0%.

They say it is "by Design" -- and you hope to get LINUX support from them!?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx
Serious error.