From: Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 2009.12.2 15:12
To: sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Sony-vaio-z-series] Update BIOS (only Linux installed)

On Mi, 02 Dez 2009, David Svanberg wrote:
> I've also heard that a later BIOS could be good to have if one want to install Windows 7.

It probably allows you adjusting the screen brightness with the hard keys,
but not much more (although that is a lot, too)

> Now, the BIOS seems just to be released as an .EXE which isn't perfect for me since I've just got Linux (Ubuntu 9.04 64bits) installed at the moment.

About one week the same quesiton was asked, please use google or the
archive of the list.

> I was thinking - could this BIOS update be executed within Crossover/Wine - but I have a vague sense that this might not be a good idea... I don't know why but it is something about these sandboxes that scares me. Or should I dare?

Bad bad bad idea, don't even try it!!!

> So - you hardcore hackers - how do I punch in the new BIOS upgrade?

Learning to use google?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx