Re: Graphic card issue -- summary please

Hi André

Am Donnerstag, den 03.12.2009, 12:28 +0100 schrieb André Bergner:
> 2009/12/2 Raphael Gradenwitz <raphael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>         Am Mittwoch, den 02.12.2009, 13:49 +0100 schrieb André
>         Bergner:

>         Default the BIOS is set to 'automatic' since Vista can switch
>         this 'hot'
>         but Linux cannot yet.
>
>         After booting (twice) with the kernel commandline like
>         described here:
>
>         http://global-social.net/sony-VGN-Zseries#comandline
>
>         you will see only the GPU switched with the stamina<->speed
>         slider;
>         Intel in Stamina-Mode and nVidia in Speed-Mode
>
>         If you boot without it, you'll see both but only the intel
>         will be
>         connected. That was the reason why your system did not seem to
>         work
>         after reboot because the Open-GL libs for nVidia where linked
>         and the
>         xorg.conf file for nVidia was parsed but only your intel GPU
>         was
>         connected to your LCD-Monitor.
>

> Ahh, ok, thanks. That's what I wanted to know, which didn't com out
> from the discussion (or hidden somewhere deep in it).

No. It is not deep. You only want someone who spells it for you.
Laziness pure.

> I have one other question. I've downloaded the OpenCL driver from
> NVidea

Do you mean Open GL? I don't know any OpenCL driver.
                 ^                        ^

>  and would like to use those.

You should use that driver but don't download it from nvidia but take
the packaged one from your apt-sources. (Use the jockey script like the
janitor script executes it and how it is described in my blog)

It is exactly the same driver but packaged specially for you and your
distribution. The binaries are exactly the same, bit by bit.
Don't try to invent every wheel again while you are not even able to
find out such easy relationships yourself.

>  Do you know if this is possible in combination with your Janitor
> script or will this behave different?

Why you ask me? Read the script. It is extra written in shell script
(bash) which normally everybody can read. If you cannot speak shell
script, don't ask me but learn to speak shell script. If you don't want
to learn it, do me an offer (PM), I can provide commercial support.

-> SCNR <-

Regards,

Raphael