Re: Unable to install grub or boot from Ubuntu on VPCZ11Z9E/B

On 30/03/10 05:02, Jan Groth wrote:
> Took me over 2 days. I now have Karmic set up with a soft RAID 0, the
> Fake RAID is disabled in BIOS.

Yes, disabling the onboard RAID is the best solution, even once dmraid
supports the chipset - linux software will often give at least as good
performance as most onboard 'RAID controllers'.

I assume you're both aware of how dangerous RAID0 is for data loss?
Losing any drive will destroy all your data... and really, with SSDs, do
you need that much speed?  I would suggest RAID10 for speed/redundancy,
or alternatively, you can add all the drives to a linear LVM volume,
giving you access to all the space, but meaning you only lose what's on
a single drive if it dies.

Cheers,
Pete