Re: sony_laptop

I sure wish some of these PC vendors would participate in something like an "Ubuntu Ready" program which would let us users know that there hardware will work great with Ubuntu. Other than http://system76.com I don't know of any vendors doing this.

-bob

Chris Cannam wrote:
[...]
So far I'm experiencing surprisingly abject failure in every
direction.  I wish someone could have warned me 15 years ago that in
2010 I would still be piddling about with X config files.  I might
have given up and gone off to do something useful like farming turnips
instead.

Chris