Re: sony-laptop (z11 2010)

On 05/24/2010 03:01 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> found out in the DSDT that the module's path for activating the video
>> card mode changed from OVGA to GFX0.
>>
> Bummer ... is there an easy way to discern your typoe of laptop from
> the older ones so that can be automaticall switched? Otherwise I can
> add a module paramter for that.

There is a special ID, maybe it can be used but i'm not sure if its
really per machine yet or just the whole z11 2010 series

>> detected by the nvidia driver after this change. However on my kernel,
>> there still seems to be some ACPI troubles and the card does not appear
>> to be fully active, or something like that. That is, it will refuse
>> copying from/to video memory and thus X will still fail to start.
>>
> Bummer, so it seems we are again hosed there unless someone comes up
> really understanding what is going on. It is for sure not me ;-)

I found out some places in acpi memory that are different when the card
is really enable but.. honestly i've no idea what they're for yet ;)
The led switching is fine using GFX0, and it seems enabling stamina is
fine as well, but enabling nvidia does not work very properly.
additionally, when the nvidia is *really* enabled, switching to stamina
gives a black screen (i'm not sure how telling the console to use the
intel card works, or is supposed to work).

Can you post somewhere (or anyone else) a acpidump of a Z11 that has
hybrid video switching working? I'd like to compare the acpi tables with
mines (and with the module code) and see if i can figure out things quicker.

Thanks