Re: Sony Vaio VGN-Z51: Which Qualcomm Firmware from Sony Webpage

У пон, 24. 05 2010. у 23:31 +0200, flake@xxxxxxxxxx пише:

> I just downloaded the
>  WWAN_Driver_R5_Generic_1.x_32bit_64bit_E_6.0_6.0.6.3_ALL
> from the Sony Web-page to get the right Firmware file for my Vaio 3G
> Modem from Qualcomm.

How did you extract MSI files?

I've been meaning to re-install Windows just to be able to extract
amss.mbn and apps.mbn files from the driver (installing it on friends'
windows doesn't help since it tries to find the hardware and drops out
if it can't).  I am interested in both USA (CDMA) and European (GPS)
amss.mbn and apps.mbn (apparently also UQCN.mbn for Gobi 2000) files: I
am in Europe but I have a SIM-slot-less USA model Z790 with lsusb
showing:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 05c6:9221 Qualcomm, Inc.

What I'd be interested in most is getting GPS running.  Can anyone post
me their "good" amss.mbn, apps.mbn and UQCN.mbn files (privately
please).  I know they are copyrighted Qualcomm, but it'd save me a lot
of hassle if you've got them around yourself.

Cheers,
Danilo