Re: Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) Alpha 3

> thanks a lot to Michael and Sebastian for ur offline support. Now I have
> installed my ubuntu 10.10 on my sony vaio, but i have one problem,
> during the boot.
> if I reboot the machine, it don't boot with kernel 2.6.35-22-generic,
> because the SPEED led is off!
> then...I can boot with linux-image-2.6.28.10-vaioz, the system reboot in
> automatic (it's very strange???). After reboot the system will start with
> the kernel 2.6.35-22-generic, because in this case the SPEED led is lit!
> I can do this every time? please someone response no :-)

	My guess would be that this is my hacked 2.6.28.10 kernel, which is
DESIGNED to reboot the machine shortly after boot. This is because doing so
puts the BIOS in to static switching mode and allows the NVidia drivers to
work ( which is why the speed LED is lit afterwards, but not if you boot
straight in to the 2.6.35 kernel. )

Adam.