Brightness keys on Ubuntu Maverick 10.10

I got a Z21MN and I've just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10 rc1 (Maverick).
I've just installed the specific sony-module (0.9np7). I'm using only
the Intel card. The brightness keys (FN-F5 FN-F6) don't work at all.
They used to work well with ubuntu 10.04 and previous versions.
Gnome-power-manager is able to change the brightness upon profile
change (on AC, on battery) and I'm able to change it using the panel
applet.

Has something changed in the kernel API? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mario